Saturday 10 January 2015

Sensation and Contemplation (or the one where I was bored at a barbecue)

I feel the gentle touch of the cool breeze against my warm cheek. 

I smell the heady stench of smoke rising quietly from tips of cigarettes held slack between curled fingers. Blending subtly with the rich scent of mosquito-repellent incense from where it rests on the table's plastic-covered surface.

I taste something faintly sweet on my tongue when I chew soft bread that gives easily beneath the bite of my teeth.

I see hues of gold and pink dusting the clouds and painting the late afternoon sky, the sun just peaking over the tops of the trees and houses that comprise suburban living.

I hear the clink of glasses and the warm chatter of voices.

And I wonder about the reason for things and the complex simplicity of just being.              

1 comment: